FTP Tutorial For Beginners
What is FTP ?
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a fast and convenient way to transfer files over the Internet. That is why many webmasters use FTP for uploading their websites files on their hosting accounts.FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network. FTP is the simplest and secure way to transfer files. The most common use for FTP is to download files from the Internet to a local computer, or upload files from a local compter to a remote server.
For Transfer File over internet , FTP set up done in 2 ways:
1) FTP set up done by using Command Promote.
2) FTP set up done by using Software.
Easiest way to setup a FTP by using Software.
What you need for FTP set up :
- A Just Host hosting account
- Filezilla installed and running on your computer
- Your cpanel username and password or an FTP username and password
- A domain that points to your Just Host hosting account, or your servers IP address.
So now, you follow this steps and connect FTP :
Step 1 : Open Filezilla , and Click file Menu and open the site manager.
Step 2 : Click the new site button.
Step 3 : Enter a name for the new site
Step 4 : Enter the following settings
- Host: Your Domain Name or server IP address.
- Port: 21
- Protocol: FTP – File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Use plain FTP
- Logon Type: Normal
- User: Your cpanel username or the username of an FTP account
- Password: The password for the user you are logging in as
Step 5 : Click the connect button and now your FTP connect and use files to your computer and server.